MAIN CAUSES OF ROOF DAMAGE IN CHESTER COUNTY
On April, 21, 2018
Damages to a roof can have many causes. Some of the causes of Roof Damage In Chester County are connected to the type of roof you have. Whether you are trying to protect and extend the life of an existing Chester County roof or you want to protect a new roof, here are some of the main causes of roof damage.
1. Poor Maintenance. It is important to regularly inspect your roof for small problems and damages and immediately make repairs. This is especially true if your roof has little or no slope. Regular inspection and maintenance will prevent small minor damage from becoming a major problem or leak.
2. Wind Damage. Over time any wind can loosen nails in roofing materials. When this happens, a moderate wind can damage the roof. Strong winds and flying debris can also damage a roof, often removing some or all of the roofing material. The best way to avoid this potential damage is to check the roofing and the insulation regularly to be sure it is securely attached to the roof deck. You should also have a secure perimeter fastener.
3. Other Weather Damage. Most roofing materials can be damaged over time by exposure to various weather conditions. If you live in an area likely to see large snow accumulations, you need to be sure the roof is adequately supported against the weight of the snow and properly sloped so the snow will not stay on the roof any longer than necessary. If you live in an area prone to hailstorms, you should know that hail can cause serious Roof Damage In Chester County, and you should carefully inspect your roof after every hailstorm. The sun, pollutants in the air and other chemicals in the air or in the rain can also damage roofing materials. Inspection and repair of minor damages can prevent big trouble.
4. Problems with Flashing. Because the purpose of flashing is to create a water-tight boundary between roof sections, between roofing materials and other parts of the house and between roofing materials and roof projections, problems with flashing often cause leaks. These leaks can damage the field of the roof as well as the interior of the house. Flashing problems usually happen because of either design or installation errors. Some flashing problems can also result from wind damage. Regular inspection of all types of flashing in all parts of the roof can catch problems early and correct them before there are major leaks.
Each of these major causes of Roof Damage In Chester County can be minimized by regular and careful inspection for early and minor problems. Immediate attention to any flaws or damages with competent repairs can help you avoid major damage to your roof and prevent the need for early and costly roof replacement.
- HOW TO AVOID MAJOR BRANDAMORE ROOF REPAIRS
Roofing repairs come in a variety of different shapes and sizes. While most roofing contractors make roofing repairs as easy as possible, it is best not to have to deal with them at all. There are several different techniques you can use to ensure that your roof doesn't need major Brandamore roof repairs. Without your roof,…Read More
- CHESTER COUNTY ROOFING DECISIONS
Mud and sod supported by wood, logs and reeds are probably the earliest Chester County Roofing materials followed by kiln-dried clay tiles manufactured by the early Greeks and Romans to cover public building and dwelling or housing tops. In medieval Europe, people made use of bundles of straw or reeds tied to framing timbers. Throughout the…Read More