SOUND LIKE A BRANDAMORE ROOFING PRO
On November, 13, 2018
Nobody expects Brandamore homeowners to be proficient in the different terms used in the roofing industry, but by learning a few key terms homeowners can save time, hassle and money. By knowing the correct terminology, you can communicate more clearly with your Brandamore roofing contractor, describe things precisely and be sure that you are purchasing the right material for the job.
Brandamore Roofing Materials
- roofing materials – used to construct roofs. Most roofs in the United States are constructed using asphalt shingles. Other materials include metals, tile, wood, slate, rubber and plastic.
- organic asphalt shingles – shingles made with natural mats of wood, cellulose fiber or recyclable corrugated cardboard, making them more environmentally friendly.
- fiberglass shingles – shingles constructed out of fiberglass mat, making them very durable.
Brandamore Roofing Terms
- roofing nails – nails used to secure all roofing except metal and rubber
- roofing screws – screws used to adhere metal roofing
- roof edging – a strip of either aluminum or steel that is run along the perimeter of a roof to create a finished appearance and to support shingles that extend over the roof’s edges.
4. roll roofing – rolls of felt soaked in tar which are rolled out on a roof before shingle installation for extra leak protection.
Describing the Roof
- crown – highest point of a peaked roof.
- edge – the edge along the sides of gables or along the gutters
- overlap – area of one shingle placed over the edge of another
- roof glue – tarry adhesive used to seal one layer of shingles to an underlying layer when working in areas or along edges where the use of nails isn’t conducive.
There are certainly more Brandamore Roofing terms that you can learn, but by using these basic terms, you are on your way to a more efficient Brandamore roof replacement.
- HOW IMPORTANT IS ROOF VENTILATION IN YOUR CHESTER COUNTY HOME?
US codes require at least 1 sq ft of opening for every 150 sq ft by law. But why is Chester County Roof Ventilation important enough to have codes and laws? Ventilation is one of the most crucial parts of your roof’s structure. It extends your roofing’s life and protects the entire constitution of your home.…Read More
- Avoid Roof Repair With Columbia Preventative Maintenance
Good material and craftsmanship will last for many years, which is why if you want to avoid roof repair after a small storm or a few years of wear and tear, you’ll want to pick the best. There are several different kinds of roofing material available as well as structures, each with advantages and disadvantages.…Read More