SOUND LIKE A BRANDAMORE ROOFING PRO
On September, 01, 2015
Nobody expects Brandamore homeowners to be proficient in the different terms used in the roofing industry, but by learning a few key terms homeowners can save time, hassle and money. By knowing the correct terminology, you can communicate more clearly with your Brandamore roofing contractor, describe things precisely and be sure that you are purchasing the right material for the job.
Brandamore Roofing Materials
- roofing materials – used to construct roofs. Most roofs in the United States are constructed using asphalt shingles. Other materials include metals, tile, wood, slate, rubber and plastic.
- organic asphalt shingles – shingles made with natural mats of wood, cellulose fiber or recyclable corrugated cardboard, making them more environmentally friendly.
- fiberglass shingles – shingles constructed out of fiberglass mat, making them very durable.
Brandamore Roofing Terms
- roofing nails – nails used to secure all roofing except metal and rubber
- roofing screws – screws used to adhere metal roofing
- roof edging – a strip of either aluminum or steel that is run along the perimeter of a roof to create a finished appearance and to support shingles that extend over the roof’s edges.
Describing the Roof
- crown – highest point of a peaked roof.
- edge – the edge along the sides of gables or along the gutters
- overlap – area of one shingle placed over the edge of another
- roof glue – tarry adhesive used to seal one layer of shingles to an underlying layer when working in areas or along edges where the use of nails isn’t conducive.
There are certainly more Brandamore Roofing terms that you can learn, but by using these basic terms, you are on your way to a more efficient Brandamore roof replacement.
- CHESTER COUNTY ROOFING DECISIONS
Mud and sod supported by wood, logs and reeds are probably the earliest Chester County Roofing materials followed by kiln-dried clay tiles manufactured by the early Greeks and Romans to cover public building and dwelling or housing tops. In medieval Europe, people made use of bundles of straw or reeds tied to framing timbers. Throughout the…Read More
- WHAT IS THE RIGHT ROOFING MATERIAL FOR MY CHESTER COUNTY HOME?
Your choice of Chester County Roofing Material will affect both the external appearance of your home and the comfort of your family inside the home. Roofing materials are important in energy conservation, comfort, and the appearance of your home. Your choice of material for a re-roofing project or for a new roof on a home addition…Read More