SOUND LIKE A BRANDAMORE ROOFING PRO
On October, 10, 2015
Nobody expects Brandamore homeowners to be proficient in the different terms used in the roofing industry, but by learning a few key terms homeowners can save time, hassle and money. By knowing the correct terminology, you can communicate more clearly with your Brandamore roofing contractor, describe things precisely and be sure that you are purchasing the right material for the job.
Brandamore Roofing Materials
- roofing materials – used to construct roofs. Most roofs in the United States are constructed using asphalt shingles. Other materials include metals, tile, wood, slate, rubber and plastic.
- organic asphalt shingles – shingles made with natural mats of wood, cellulose fiber or recyclable corrugated cardboard, making them more environmentally friendly.
- fiberglass shingles – shingles constructed out of fiberglass mat, making them very durable.
Brandamore Roofing Terms
- roofing nails – nails used to secure all roofing except metal and rubber
- roofing screws – screws used to adhere metal roofing
- roof edging – a strip of either aluminum or steel that is run along the perimeter of a roof to create a finished appearance and to support shingles that extend over the roof’s edges.
Describing the Roof
- crown – highest point of a peaked roof.
- edge – the edge along the sides of gables or along the gutters
- overlap – area of one shingle placed over the edge of another
- roof glue – tarry adhesive used to seal one layer of shingles to an underlying layer when working in areas or along edges where the use of nails isn’t conducive.
There are certainly more Brandamore Roofing terms that you can learn, but by using these basic terms, you are on your way to a more efficient Brandamore roof replacement.
- HIRE AVONDALE PROFESSIONALS TO FIX YOUR SNOW DAMAGED ROOFS
Hiring a Chester County Roofing Contractor will be perfect if you want to remedy your Avondale Roof Damage. Fixing the roof is not an easy task especially if you are not the type of person who does these types of job. The roof cannot wait until you learn how to hold a hammer either. The…Read More
- HOW IMPORTANT IS ROOF VENTILATION IN YOUR CHESTER COUNTY HOME?
US codes require at least 1 sq ft of opening for every 150 sq ft by law. But why is Chester County Roof Ventilation important enough to have codes and laws? Ventilation is one of the most crucial parts of your roof’s structure. It extends your roofing’s life and protects the entire constitution of your home.…Read More