SOUND LIKE A BRANDAMORE ROOFING PRO
On May, 05, 2015
Nobody expects Brandamore homeowners to be proficient in the different terms used in the roofing industry, but by learning a few key terms homeowners can save time, hassle and money. By knowing the correct terminology, you can communicate more clearly with your Brandamore roofing contractor, describe things precisely and be sure that you are purchasing the right material for the job.
Brandamore Roofing Materials
- roofing materials – used to construct roofs. Most roofs in the United States are constructed using asphalt shingles. Other materials include metals, tile, wood, slate, rubber and plastic.
- organic asphalt shingles – shingles made with natural mats of wood, cellulose fiber or recyclable corrugated cardboard, making them more environmentally friendly.
- fiberglass shingles – shingles constructed out of fiberglass mat, making them very durable.
Brandamore Roofing Terms
- roofing nails – nails used to secure all roofing except metal and rubber
- roofing screws – screws used to adhere metal roofing
- roof edging – a strip of either aluminum or steel that is run along the perimeter of a roof to create a finished appearance and to support shingles that extend over the roof’s edges.
Describing the Roof
- crown – highest point of a peaked roof.
- edge – the edge along the sides of gables or along the gutters
- overlap – area of one shingle placed over the edge of another
- roof glue – tarry adhesive used to seal one layer of shingles to an underlying layer when working in areas or along edges where the use of nails isn’t conducive.
There are certainly more Brandamore Roofing terms that you can learn, but by using these basic terms, you are on your way to a more efficient Brandamore roof replacement.
- MAIN CAUSES OF ROOF DAMAGE IN CHESTER COUNTY
Damages to a roof can have many causes. Some of the causes of Roof Damage In Chester County are connected to the type of roof you have. Whether you are trying to protect and extend the life of an existing Chester County roof or you want to protect a new roof, here are some of the…Read More
- THE BEST WAY TO PROTECT YOUR CHESTER COUNTY GUTTERS
A gutter is useless if it fails to properly channel water. This is why routine Chester County gutter maintenance is so important. Chester County gutters must be kept free of leaves, twigs and other debris so they do not obstruct the proper flow of water.Why Chester County Gutters Are So CrucialBlocked gutters lead to all kinds of…Read More