SOUND LIKE A BRANDAMORE ROOFING PRO
On July, 29, 2015
Nobody expects Brandamore homeowners to be proficient in the different terms used in the roofing industry, but by learning a few key terms homeowners can save time, hassle and money. By knowing the correct terminology, you can communicate more clearly with your Brandamore roofing contractor, describe things precisely and be sure that you are purchasing the right material for the job.
Brandamore Roofing Materials
- roofing materials – used to construct roofs. Most roofs in the United States are constructed using asphalt shingles. Other materials include metals, tile, wood, slate, rubber and plastic.
- organic asphalt shingles – shingles made with natural mats of wood, cellulose fiber or recyclable corrugated cardboard, making them more environmentally friendly.
- fiberglass shingles – shingles constructed out of fiberglass mat, making them very durable.
Brandamore Roofing Terms
- roofing nails – nails used to secure all roofing except metal and rubber
- roofing screws – screws used to adhere metal roofing
- roof edging – a strip of either aluminum or steel that is run along the perimeter of a roof to create a finished appearance and to support shingles that extend over the roof’s edges.
Describing the Roof
- crown – highest point of a peaked roof.
- edge – the edge along the sides of gables or along the gutters
- overlap – area of one shingle placed over the edge of another
- roof glue – tarry adhesive used to seal one layer of shingles to an underlying layer when working in areas or along edges where the use of nails isn’t conducive.
There are certainly more Brandamore Roofing terms that you can learn, but by using these basic terms, you are on your way to a more efficient Brandamore roof replacement.
- Find The Best Birchrunville Roofing Contractor: IT’S AS SIMPLE AS A-B-C!
The roof is just about the most important aspect of all West Chester buildings. It serves various purposes and is an important part of an effective defense against the powers of nature. Since this structure is such a valuable investment, when roofing problems become apparent it is imperative to find a reputable contractor who can…Read More
- LANCASTER ROOF MAINTENANCE 101
One of the most neglected yet most important parts of a house is the roof. Honestly, it is the mostly overlooked part that people would only start to worry about it when a real problem arises. If you are like that, then it’s time for you to get acquainted with the term Lancaster roof maintenance.Roofs direly…Read More